I know this is an abrupt reentry into the blogging world after a near two-month hiatus, but why waste any more time, right?
My title is referring to one of the recent joys that has graced my path. You see, I picked this idea up while visiting my sister in Pennsylvania. I'd nearly forgotten about this Amish-New Englander treat until I came across a recipe for Red Velvet Whoopie Pies on the internet. Now that is a collage of the best...whoopie pie filling with one of the best cakes in my southern cookbook: Red Velvet Cake. Mmmm....

Other things that have filled my time since my last blog are finishing school, my brother's wedding & an extended vacation surrounding that time, (pictures coming shortly...hopefully)
hiking,



other cooking experiments,
this is an attempt at making Navajo Fry Bread...(very good!!!)


and job searching!
Exciting stuff, right? Not really the kind of stuff you "write home" about.
Now you know why I've not been blogging so much!

Hmmm...! Okay, okay, I am working in the pics as we speak! They will be coming...you know how I am with wedding pics!)
ReplyDeletelooks like you've been spending time typing one paragraph with 5 different fonts and 12 different font sizes in it. That must have taken forever. No wonder it's been so long since anything was added here! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome back to the blog world.
ReplyDeleteOh, how I have missed you. I love the varying fonts...adds interest and personality!
ReplyDeleteI feel complete now...although, I am not sure I will try the whoopie pies...the fry bread, maybe:)
Love your rolling pin! And I would love to see wedding pix and the recipe for the Navajo fry bread! Welcome back.
ReplyDelete