Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Great Wind Storm

Yesterday, we experienced a very bad windstorm in northern Utah. The winds come from the other side of the mountain and either rush through the canyons or pour over the mountains like a waterfall.
The damage was pretty incredible--and awe-inspiring.
This tree was right down the street from our house.
I had to put rocks in my pockets to keep from flying away. I really wanted to tie a string around the neighbor kid to see if he'd fly away like a kite! He probably would have been up for the adventure, too, if only it weren't for his mom's logical thinking.
Natural events like this always makes me think of Proverbs 1:25-27.
"But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
When your fear cometh as a desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you."
It's a good reminder of how small we humans are in the grand scheme of things.
Ironic humor: Not sure if this was a result of the storm, or just poor planning on 'trash day.' ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I heard about the storm on the news here. Such big trees that were blown down.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment