Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just Call Me Auntie Sharon!

I am officially an Auntie for the first time!
My new nephew is definitely my “pride & joy!” (See below.)

(Whoops, wrong picture.)

Although I have only seen pictures, he looks so small and HANDSOME!

All day Saturday I pestered Andrea & Dustin (my sister & brother-in-law) for news. Are you in the hospital yet? Have you had more contractions? How do you feel? When will he come!

Even into the night, I could not sleep…just waited up for news. Nothing…nothing…nothing. I did not want to disturb them, but from 2,061 miles away...IT’S HARD TO BE PATIENT!

And while I waited, I prayed. I prayed with Nana (Campbell): “Lord, let him be exactly what you want him to be. And most of all, may he know You from an early age. May he come to faith in Christ at an early age.”

At 10:00p.m. my time (Midnight “their” time), I especially prayed for safety for the baby and his mama. “Lord please, let them not have any problems. Please keep them from harm now and into the future.”

Finally, around 1:00 a.m., my time, I texted to see if there was any news.

A few seconds later, Dustin called to say that the baby had been born just before midnight (THREE HOURS BEFORE—WITHOUT TELLING ME!!!)…healthy and doing well! Praise the Lord!

Then I put the timeline together: I had been praying for safety just after the baby was born. And my mind turned to Isaiah 65:24 where it says, “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”

Thank you Heavenly Father for doing good, before I even asked. Your love and grace is truly amazing!

(See more pictures of this handsome fellow here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/117190158734967051397/albums/5706492975023968865?authkey=COqF1uim4ez7mwE&banner=pwa

And HERE:

http://beinstant.com/

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, AUNT Sharon. :) He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good.
    Aunt Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bums! I would have called you if I would have known--it's not like they were really doing anything:) But--yes, God is so good and He did answer you! I love the sound of Auntie Sharon:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment