Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall Bulletin Board Pics - This One's for Karina

Karina, 

Here's looking @ you, girl.  Hope these help.  I'll keep looking.  I don't know what age range you are going to be targeting.  Also, I'm not sure if you wanted something more "Thanksgiving" than "Fall."  Feel free to correct my search.  ;-)





It’s fun to use students’ faces as part of the board…just printing in color & cutting them out.  They don’t have to be printed on photo paper or anything.  This title really needs changed, but the idea is cute.  The raffia on the border is cute, too.  Pretty cheap @ Michael’s or Jo-anne’s.
 
















3-D is always fun.  This one is cute.  The paper raffia is harder to find, but it gives a lot of texture.  This could even be a motivational.  Maybe the students would get to put kernels on the corn cob for rewards or something.  Real corn kernels (dried!) would be really fun, but you’d want to make sure they stick well so you are not having to pick up kernels from the floor all of the time.


  


 


Something like this might be cute except the have the kids trace & cut out their hands on colored paper for the feathers of the turkey.  Lots of colors would be really cute.  Of course, the title can be changed to suit what your topic is.







Here’s one I did before.  I am NOT good @ “pulling it all together.”  But I’m sure you could do much better.  Ideas are helpful anyways.  ;-)


I have a really good book that has the pictures from this board sketched out so you can opaque/copy them.  I just haven’t had a chance to dig it out of the case it’s in.  I’ll try & get that tonight as I have the evening mostly open.
The small pictures are illustrations of the homonyms/homophones.  To make this interactive, especially with 4th+ grades, the kids can try to draw a picture to illustrate two homonyms/homophones, as well. 
There are also several poems, riddles, etc. that make “hay” (seasonal pun intended) of English homonyms/homophones. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment