Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Candy Sale: Day One

The first day is always my favorite.
We have high spirits, yet undampened by the rain or snow.
There's potential to be reached for.
And, we are not yet tired of sharing every day with the same three people.
Most of all, though, I love the first day because we have a great place to go!
This town is up in the mountains.
In fact, a ski run comes right into town.
Skiers race down the mountain,
pop in for a bite at a restaurant,
then snap on their skis and go at it some more!
Beautiful!
This town is also very diverse.
We met people from Georgia, Alabama, China, and England today.
Many others from around the world own second and third homes in the area.
And, It is a popular vacation spot for die-hard skiers,
students on Spring Break, the uppity-ups, and many more.
Due to this broad range of clientele,
the shops and people are armed with an even broader array of merchandise.
Items range from intensely beautiful to astoundingly weird.
Let's see...We started at the Alpaca Store.
They had scarves for 20% off! What a sale!
That would be 20% off of $169. Gulp!
Then there was "Olive & Tweed."
Very cute, quaint, and quintessential Park City.
The town moose...
Fully clothed, of course.
And we just HAD to stop at the "Cowboy Store."
T-shirts for all of the tourists.
(My favorite)
I actually might jump on that bandwagon!
The town-wide mantra is plastered everywhere, it seems.
And, Ewwww........WHAT is THAT?!?!?
I cannot confirm that this sweater is actually taken from a real owl.
It may only be synthetically designed to look that way.
Although why you'd want to look like an owl is beyond me!
Of course, if you have beady eyes...
Oh, whoops! We're supposed to be Candy Selling! Yep, better go!

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laught! Partly, because I was having memories of my own from candy sale, and partly because I was imagining you snapping pictures in these stores so that you could blog about them, lol. Happy Candy Sale to you; ours is just ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment