The evening began at the coat check where I met “Lindsey.” (She has Down’s Syndrome.)
She replied, “I’(m) fine, thank you.”
“Ooh! I see you have a medal [around your neck].”
“Yesth. It’s for volleyball. I p(l)ay volleyball.”
“Really? Are you pretty good at it?”
“Yesth, I am.” (Some people can get away with “bragging.”)
Later on, during the evening’s program, the brother/boyfriend of Lindsey happened to be sitting near where I was standing. He caught my eye and gave a BIG smile! Then, he leaned back and pulled out his THREE medals from under his suit jacket and spre-e-e-ad them out. With a look at them and a look toward me, I could see that he was SO proud of his accomplishments. The smile on his face was priceless!
I winked and gave him a big thumbs-up. And I couldn’t help a huge smile myself.
Shortly after that, I ended up sitting right behind him. He looked back with a big grin and passed his cell phone back to me. On the text screen, he had typed this:
Finally, this video was played for the audience. It speaks for itself.
Loved the video!!
ReplyDelete