This last Saturday was our Christmas Party for the kids in the church. Thanks to Laura for letting us use her house! Can you say #BRAVE?
Here we are waiting on the kiddies to show up.
Before the kids showed up, we hid about 50 red bows all over the park area behind Laura's house. The goal was to find as many of the bows as possible in the allotted time.
In a few minutes, one of the girls comes running up and says, "Miss Katie, I found a red bow, but K---won't help me get it out of the tree."
K---says, "I didn't get it because it was a red bow attached to a pair of white underwear!"
WHAAAT?!?! What are the chances of finding that in a tree!
The kids cut out & decorated cookies. Again, #BRAVE.
(Gotta love the Grinch apron!)
You can bet those cookies were masterpieces!
More like, how much frosting & sprinkles will one cookie hold!
When we said they could go ahead & eat the cookies,
one boy looked at a particularly saturated cookie & said,
"I think I'll save that one to give to one of my lucky parents!"
Toilet Paper Snowmen



(And the mess to follow...)
The kids also made Christmas cards to put in the goody baskets that our church takes to the firemen on Christmas Caroling Night. They turned out really cute.
One of the boys thought long & hard of the perfect card to make...of course it has to be "punny."
It said, "I think your HOT!" Laura asked, "Why don't you just say, 'I think your AWESOME'?" But, he didn't think that would be as good of a pun. Apparently he did not know what "HOT" means to most people. I think we'll be purging that one out of the bunch before they land in the goody boxes.
We were whooped by the end of the night, but you can't really complain when all the kids go home to their own houses. Let their parents deal with the sugar high... What a great night! Good times & Lots of Laughs!
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a Comment