Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

No Like-y Icky Yucky Sushi...Well, Actually...

A friend and I took a sushi class at Mt. Fuji Sushi in SLC last Saturday - partly for fun, partly b/c she's a chef and likes learning new skills, and partly because Groupon had a great deal on the sushi class.


The"Master Sensei", we called him Joe, was the best part of the class, maybe!  His humor, skill, and experience kept us engaged and in stitches.  He made sushi-making seem easy. 

Katie's California Roll
No doubt further practice would benefit those who wanted to share this skill with others.  For my purposes, it turned out good enough to eat and that's what mattered!  Although, I have not eaten that much white rice...in my life, I don't think. 
Sharon's California Roll
[Holy Crab *not my favorite,
Avocado, Cucumber,
Seaweed, White Rice]

For those in Utah, if you are considering this class or one like it, I highly recommend Joe's class at Mt. Fuji Sushi.
Katie's "Creative" Spicy Tuna Roll
[Tuna, Sesame, LOTS of Sriracha,
Other Spices. White Rice, Seaweed]
(Master Joe was so gracious. Instead of saying we did something wrong, he'd say, "Wow! So creative!")




Getting serious with Master Joe's giant sushi knife.
Katie's Nigiri Roll
[Salmon on Rice]



The most important part - I Like-y Nigiri Sushi



Here we are with our very patient Master Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment