Update: My 30-Before-30 List
[Mark Milestones, Meet
Challenges, & Make Goals]
June 11, 2015-June 11, 2016
Day 75: August 24, 2015
2. Memorize the
book of James *Chapter 1 is memorized,
but I am still studying through it. How
much can a decision like this (deciding to memorize a book of the Bible) change
your life? I have a feeling I am going
to find out…but maybe never fully appreciate until Heaven. Let’s just say this decision was
Divinely-directed. This one chapter has
challenged my spiritual life & walk with Christ in that “how-could-I-have-thought-I-was-walking-with-God-before-now”
sort of way. Always, I am thrilled to
see how God corroborates personal study with friendly conversations, Pastor’s
preaching, outside reading, and other sources to confirm His truth in my heart.
6.
Run a sub-2 ½
marathon *Training went great for the 10K we ran on July 4th
in Riverton, UT. (Riverton Country
Mile) My goal was to run the 10K (6.2
miles) under 54 minutes. That would be a
little under par for the ½ marathon.
Nailed it! For proof, see
here: #14 on the list. Katie M. & Laura ran this race with me. It's so much more fun running with other people! I've been side-tracked by school-24/7-3-weeks-straight
now, but that will settle shortly. A bit
off on my pace right now, but that’s great motivation to work harder from now
on!
9.
Canning from
my own garden *Garden is growing great guns! Won’t be long before this one becomes a boom
or bust effort.
11.
No pop for a
year! – HELP EVERYBODY!!! *Day 75 & I’m still going…not terribly
strong, but going. I definitely have supportive
friends to thank for this one! (Thanks
Katie, Laura, Mayra, Hannah! Every
little bit helps…believe me. ;-)
13.
Get Fit!
(Weight/Strength/Agility) *Back to meatless diet (excluding fish
& loose w/ white meat restriction when having company for dinner, etc.);
Participating in a fitness class; Still running
14.
Get teeth
fixed *Ugh…getting fixed & buying a Lamborghini….for a dentist,
seems like.
15.
Out of debt
except house/car *See above.
Might have to modify this plan.
16.
Visit
grandparents *Christmas
plans in the works should cover ½ of this goal.
20.
Write a
children’s book for my nieces/nephews *Working on illustration scheme. That has become a big hurdle.
23.
Call a
nationally syndicated talk show *Funny story: I called
the Bill Bennett “Morning in America Show” early one morning. He had a great guest on the day before, and I
was inspired to make that my moment.
Five minutes after hanging up, Laura (my friend) sends a text, “Did you
knock something else off your ‘bucket list?’”
Ha! Yep, I did. She says, “My mama (in New Jersey) turned the
radio on & was about to flip the station when she heard Bill Bennett say ‘Sharon
from Ogden.’ So she wondered if that was
the ‘Sharon from Ogden’ that she knew.”
Confirmed. ;-) Check.
And done.
24.
Eat eggs 10
different ways [Maybe one will finally
strike my fancy.] *Do boiled quail eggs count?
25.
See Alyssa
& Aliza [New nieces coming this
summer!] *Thanksgiving Plans should take care of ½ or all of this one.
27.
Stick to my
budget like flies on honey *Getting there…see #14...again.
28.
Trade in car [P.S. Get a Jeep – No top, no doors…Ahhh,
perhaps just a fantasy. ;-)] *Okay, not a Jeep, but someone totaled my
car & I was forced into this one before I was planning on it. Got a new car, still waiting for the
insurance to tow away my “fun” car away. I’m
driving like a gramma now. Probably this
will be really good for my insurance.
30.
Have an
AWESOME 30th birthday party *Certain people have claimed this one…we’ll
see about that! ;-) Suffice it to say, we will be serving
Coca-Cola!!! And warm Diet Coke. (Yes, I’m craving it right now.)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a Comment