Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Guess Who Had a Birthday!!!

Yep, I just turned 29!  Ew...that sounds O-O-OLD!!!
My friend hosted a beautiful dinner & made me Black Forest Cupcakes on Sunday afternoon!  (Yum!)  That was so, so nice!  That's exactly what I would have asked for...good food with good friends.  

Here we all are. 


Well, mostly…a few couldn’t make it.  Have to love these posed pictures.  
Hey, everybody is at least smiling at the same time!

Next up is my 30-Before-30 List. Thanks to my friend, Elsa, for the great idea! 

Below I have copied my list of 30 things I want to do/accomplish/try before my birthday next year.  Also included are my reasons for various parts of the list. 

Feel FREE to comment!  I would love to read any tidbits, advice, ideas, or even laughter you might share.  Some of them are quite silly.  
Several are still only concepts with no clear path to completion, so anything you can add would be genuinely appreciated.

Just beware…I have roped quite a few people in to helping me accomplish my list when they offered “advice.” 

[Just to be clear, I welcome comments on the list…NOT my age.  (Haha)

My 30-Before-30 List

[Mark Milestones, Meet Challenges, & Make Goals] 

June 11, 2015-June 11, 2016

For myself, here’s why: 
1To be changed into Christ’s image, more than ever before; to be more holy & righteous; to walk with God more; to be a better witness for Christ. 
2To experience a year of growth & character, not decline. 
3To begin to establish habits & traditions worth keeping throughout my life. 
4To do things I have been putting off. 
5To face the “big 3-0” with zest & vigor, rather than with fear.


1.      Get married [When I asked my Dad for ideas for the list, this is what he said. “Uh, Dad, already first on the list! ;-)]
2.      Memorize the book of James
3.      Read through the Bible as a book
4.      Attend a Shakespeare play [Oh ya, I’m “going native,” Chadua.]
5.      Climb Mt. Ogden & Ben Lomond in one day
6.      Run a sub-2 ½ marathon
7.      Go backpacking @ least one night over
8.      Visit Elsa
9.      Canning from my own garden
10. Make/Buy a plaque (of some sort) for my house. “God is still on the throne.”
11. No pop for a year! – HELP EVERYBODY!!!
12. Read 30 paper books
13. Get Fit! (Weight/Strength/Agility)
14. Get teeth fixed
15. Out of debt except house/car
16. Visit grandparents
17. Repaint house (inside)
18. Swim in the ocean again
19. Host an awesome Easter Dinner [Operating on the premise that Easter is just as important to Christians as Christmas (and yet not nearly so celebrated), I am aiming for a Christmas-sized celebration at Easter-time.  Different traditions, of course, but with a similar meaningful emphasis.  Any thoughts on ancient/modern Christian Easter celebration traditions?]
20. Write a children’s book for my nieces/nephews
21. Make a family cookbook (vol. 2)
22. Learn to drive a stick (manual transmission)
23. Call a nationally syndicated talk show
24. Eat eggs 10 different ways  [Maybe one will finally strike my fancy.]
25. See Alyssa & Aliza  [New nieces coming this summer!]
26. Make an apple pie from scratch  [I have been instructed to use Andrea’s pie recipe & Marmie’s crust recipe.]
27. Stick to my budget like flies on honey
28. Trade in car  [P.S. Get a Jeep – No top, no doors…Ahhh, perhaps just a fantasy. ;-)]
29. Buy something meaningful to commemorate the year

30. Have an AWESOME 30th birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment