Last Friday, I only had the five boys in my class, as the other student was sick. We were gathered around the back table, coloring our banner for the Talent Show later that night. One of the boys did something that they have been doing recently. He said "mom" instead of "ma'am." So, I answered the same way that I usually do, when they say that. "I'm not your mom." And, they laugh!
Well, they were allowed to talk while we were coloring on Friday, so they continued the conversation.
One of the boys said, "But you are a mom, right? Just not my mom."
"No, I'm not a mom."
Then, someone who was proud of their superior knowledge said, "You have to be married to be a mom, don't you?"
"Yep, you do," I answered.
"But you will get married some time, won't you?"
"Yes, I'll get married some time, hopefully." Then, I don't know if Ike thought that I needed to be comforted or something, but he made an attempt anyways.
He said, "But, even if you aren't a mom, you can still be a grandma, right? You can be a grandma when you get older?"
I did not want him to feel bad, but I could not completely keep from laughing. "Thanks, but you have to be a mom before you can be a grandma." Very cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a Comment