I admit, The Hiding Place is officially my favorite book. I think this is the longest that I have pondered one book, but I also think it is the latest book that I have read that has so much to say!

A while ago, I wrote three posts about some thoughts from The Hiding Place. Recently, a friend lent me the movie, The Hiding Place. To be honest, I was a bit leary. Everyone knows that the movie is never as good as the book. While there were some things left out of the movie, it did give a more real and 3D impression of the stories told in the book.
The JEWEL of the movie, though, is in the last few minutes. Corrie ten Boom enters as herself to close out the story. As an elderly lady in her 80's, she enters the home of her youth, and sits down in the parlor room. Miss ten Boom shares a few thoughts, then looks directly into the camera and says, "Our Heavenly Father holds all things in His hands, even our questions." What a moving statement after such an incredible story!
I would encourage anyone to read the book and watch the movie. After that, see if you can look right back at her and complain about a bad day, or question God's sovereign will!
This is one of my favorite books too... I've probably read it 30 times! And the movie truly is well done - we watched it last winter and it moved me to tears (again!). I can't wait to meet the Ten Boom family in heaven!
ReplyDeleteL-O-V-E the Hiding Place movie. Very influential to me.
ReplyDeleteWow! Thank you for a very encouraging and inspiring thought! Or thank Miss Ten Boom. That is a blessing to me today! Love you,
ReplyDeleteAndrea