Sometimes when hiking "off the beaten path," I see flowers tucked in the crevice of a rock, or sprinkled at the foot of a cliff, and I wonder if another human being has ever seen this beautiful blossom before.

Then I consider, why would this flower trouble itself to grow so beautifully, or send forth its sweet aroma, when it may have gone unnoticed all of its life?
And if no one ever saw this flower, would its life on earth have been wasted?

Then, I remember the chorus of worship that we sing in church sometimes.
Thou art Worthy
Thou art Worthy
Thou art Worthy, O Lord
To receive glory, glory and honor,
glory and honor and power.
For Thou hast created, hast all things created.
Thou hast created all things.
And for Thy pleasure, they are created,
For Thou art Worthy, O Lord.

The flower's sole purpose is to glorify God.
The fact that I have seen it and shared in its beauty is simply a show of God's grace to me.

So, when we as Christians show forth the beauty of God's grace in our lives (I Cor. 15:10),
or when we send forth the sweet smell of our prayers to Heaven (Rev. 8:3-4),
-- when we glorify God...we are fulfilling our life's purpose
...whether it is ever noticed by another person, or not.

Just a quick note to say I really like your blog! Keep up the good work...
ReplyDeleteSteve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com
Just a quick note to say I really like your blog! Keep up the good work...
ReplyDeleteSteve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com
Sharon, this was a blessing to me today! Praise the Lord!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day at school...Lindsey is on her second day of Junior High today!
There really is something about pictures of flowers. It makes me smile...thanks Sharon.
ReplyDelete