Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Anchored Deep

With hurricane season upon us, I thought I would share something that I heard a while back.

The National Hurricane Symposium offers the following advice to boats caught in a storm.

To survive a storm, a boat should be anchored deep, and
cross-tied with other boats that are also anchored deep.

That thought has been playing through my head for a couple of months now. The analogy to the spiritual life is so clear. My attention has been drawn to focus on anchoring in Jesus Christ. Also, I find myself constantly checking the lines between myself and others who are “anchored deep.”

I hope this is a blessing to you
as it has been to me lately..

3 comments:

  1. So true...and worth a lot more thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving your comment so I could find you; and such great inspiration! This has such deep thoughts. Who are we hanging out with - are they anchored deep also.
    Reminds me of the song - The Anchor Holds, though the ship is battered.
    I pray that your Sunday is filled with rest and HIM.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment