Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Can You Believe...It's Been 20 Years?!?

Lindsey just had her birthday on Friday. She turned 20 years old! Wow!
Andrea says it makes you feel old because when we were little, we never thought we'd be able to look back and say, "I remember twenty years ago..." But, here it is. Twenty years ago, our sister was born.
There are so many stories we could tell.
When she came home from the hospital, it was the night of Wrestle-O-Rama. The girls in the dorm bought a dessert for our family to celebrate. It was a dirt pie, inside a small wagon for effect. They carried it down the middle stairs on a board. As they brought it down the carpeted stairs, it began to roll. Before long, you guessed it, the wagon made its way onto the carpet...chocolate pudding, oreos, gummy worms and all.
I remember standing at the bottom of the stairs, watching the pudding schlap-schlap-schlap through the stairs onto the carpet below. They used a dustpan to scoop up the mess and put it into a 5-gallon bucket. What a glorious mess!!! The worms from the bucket were calling me, and I just couldn't resist! They were so good! And a little bit gritty. ;-)
It was the beginning of a wonderful, wonderful life with our baby sister.
Looking back, I know our whole family couldn't imagine life without Lin-z-loo! She is such a precious gift from the Lord.
She brought us all together in so many ways...with her beautiful smiles that could chase away the darkest clouds, her hugs, her "Where ya goin?" questions, and her constant love and joy.
Because of her, we have learned to love unconditionally, to stop and care for those in need, to smile as much as possible, and to have childlike faith. (We've also learned that everyone else is crazy as long as you say it enough times.)
Seriously, we all have learned so much, and have so much to learn from her simple mind and heart. Doesn't Christ teach us to value and even mimic the simple faith and heart of a child?
And so, we are more thankful than ever for our best-est sister!
Happy Birthday, Lindsey!!!
And we send our thanks to Poppy-Kikki for sending the birthday pictures!
Thank you so much!

4 comments:

  1. I love this Sharon--love it! Happy Birthday Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...you beat me to it! Now I have to think of a different angle if I want to post about it! LOVE that first picture...such a beautiful smile...a little hammy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon this is the sweetest thing I have read in a long.time. I just cried all the way through it. What a goodly heritage you have! Blessings!
    Deena Royalty

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment