In our classes, especially during seatwork times, we play classical music to help the students focus on their lessons. In a sense, it acts as white noise to help them block out other distractions.
Well, the other day, one of my 1st-3rd students raised his hand and asked, "Ma'am, can we please listen to something new that we haven't listened to before?" Since we have five boys and only one girl in the class, I thought we could listen to Tchaikovsky. I mean, the 1812 Overture with its battle theme and canon shots would be great! His Piano Concerto No. 1 is also very powerful. So, that was what we listened to that day. The kids loved it. They can now recognize the tune of the 1812 & the Piano Concerto No. 1. In fact, they like to race to see who can identify the song first.
Then, yesterday, the first question of the day was, "Ma'am, can we please listen to Tryclopsky again today?" I could not help a laugh! My kids love Tchaikovsky! What have I done?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a Comment