
When I was a child, we had chocolate-covered cherries in the house as a treat around Christmastime. Just about every year, my mom would take one and reminisce, “Johnny Robinson gave me a box of chocolate-covered cherries for Christmas when I was in the first grade.” We all would laughed at this and grab for a cherry.
As I grew older, each year I began buying the first box of the Christmas season for my mom. Sometimes, she would retell that memory, and we would laugh. Sometimes she would just say, “Aww…I love these!” Whatever her reaction was, it was special for me.
My mother passed away about a year and a half ago, so I cannot share these with her anymore. So, I share them with others…and myself. ;-)
And I am thankful...for a great mom, great memories, and a great Heavenly Father who gave me both.
What a great little quirky memory! Thanks for sharing. I just had a dream last week about your mom, and I woke up sad when I realized it was just a dream.
ReplyDeleteOh Sharon--I love stories about your mom! Thanks for sharing--I didn't know her very long and the stories are great to fill in the gaps of those years I missed:)
ReplyDeleteShe was a great lady and I miss her, too.
ReplyDeleteSteve Boots brought those cherries for our White Elephant gift exchange for the teen Christmas party several years in a row. I always tried to snag them because they're so yummy!
THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US!
ReplyDeleteSteve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com
That's funny. The love of those cherries must run in the family.
ReplyDeleteAunt Margie
Thanks for the stories about your mom...I really miss her.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Fox
Boy do I miss your mom, Sharon! Thanks for the story. Honestly, there is hardly a day that I don't think of her. Mrs. B
ReplyDeleteSharon...how could I have forgotten the chocolate covered cherries!?! We'll definitely have to make that a tradition here too...after all, who's not up for a chocolate covered cherry!
ReplyDeleteWe need to compile these stories!